Always remember every detail of your baby's birth day
Professional Birth Photography allows you to feel beautiful and powerful without forgetting a single moment.
- YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOU (OR YOUR PARTNER) FUMBLING WITH A PHONE CAMERA THROUGHOUT YOUR BABY'S BIRTH DAY.
- YOU HAD EACH AND EVERY DETAIL ARTISTICALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY PHOTOGRAPHED.
- YOU HAD NO REGRETS WHEN IT CAME TO GIVING BIRTH TO YOUR BABY.
BIRTH PHOTOGRAPHY IS A PHOTOJOURNALISTIC STYLE OF PHOTOGRAPHY TO SHOW OFF WHAT'S UNIQUE ABOUT YOUR FAMILY & BIRTH
Here's what you get:
- A COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION BEFORE YOUR BIRTH, SO WE CAN DISCUSS YOUR BIRTH PREFERENCES AND GET TO KNOW ONE ANOTHER
- MY ON-CALL TIME, 24/7, FROM 37 WEEKS UNTIL YOU DELIVER!
- YOUR BIRTH STORY CAPTURED IN PHOTOS (AND VIDEO - IF DESIRED!) FROM ACTIVE LABOR THROUGH 2 HOURS AFTER DELIVERY
- 100+ HIGH RESOLUTION DIGITAL IMAGES DETAILING YOUR BIRTH STORY. DOWNLOAD ANY/ALL IMAGES AT NO ADDITIONAL COST
- PRINTING RIGHTS TO PRINT IMAGES HOWEVER/WHEREVER YOU'D PREFER. NO FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT UNLESS YOU'D SPECIFICALLY LIKE MY GUIDEANCE WITH PRINTS.
What kinds of births do you photograph?
The simple answer is - all kinds! Whether its a hospital birth (vaginal or caesarean), home birth, or a birth at a birthing center, I can be there to capture this most important life event.
* I AM CURRENTLY OFFERING A DISCOUNT FOR HOME BIRTHS TO FURTHER BUILD MY PORTFOLIO IN THIS AREA - PLEASE INQUIRE *
Where are you based and do you travel?
I'm based in Northern Colorado, but can travel to hospitals in the Denver metro area or southern Wyoming, as well.
Is my gallery private?
Yes! Your gallery is hidden from my website and can only be accessed with the link I provide you. I can also set a passcode for extra protection, if you'd prefer.
Will my photos be graphic and/or revealing?
They don't have to be! I tend to shoot births very artistically, using different angles and light to keep them mostly modest, yet inspiring. The examples above can give you a good idea of the various shots that I can get that you would likely share with others without hesitation. Also in your gallery will be more revealing photos, for example, photos of you pushing and photos from various perspectives that show more details of what's going on, if desired. At your consultation, we will discuss in detail what you're hoping to capture and not hoping to capture that day.
How many pictures will we receive, and when will we get them?
So far, each of my birth clients have received well over 100 photos documenting their entire birth story.
How does it work?
If you are planning anything other than a home birth, I will need to confirm the visitor/photographer rules for your hospital or birthing center. Once we have confirmed that I will be able to photograph the birth, we will set up a consultation! This can be done in person or a video chat over the computer. A phone call can be another option if in a pinch, but I find it nice to meet my clients face to face so you are later more comfortable when I arrive during labor. At your consultation, I'll ask you questions about your birth history and get details that will help me to be best prepared for your birth.
We will then stay in contact throughout your pregnancy. You'll notify me of any changes in regards to a due date, induction date, or c-section date, or any signs of impending labor.
From approximately 37 weeks up until until the baby is born, I am on call for you!
When you go into labor, we stay in very close contact so we can determine when I should arrive at the birth, which will likely depend on how quickly you are progressing and your birth history. I will stay for up to two hours after the birth to capture all of the "firsts".
What is the cost of birth photography?
Birth photography pricing is different than a typical portrait (maternity, newborn, family) session because of the unpredictable nature of birth which requires the photographer to be on-call for 3+ weeks, the gear (and back-up gear) required, and knowledge/certification involved.
I have never had a birth client regret their investment to capture this most important moment, but I have had many newborn clients tell me they regret not choosing birth photography.
My current birth photography price is $900, or $1200 for photos & a short film. Monthly or custom payment plans are available.