Tips for Prepping for your Session:
- Give baby a feed right before the session, if possible. I'll text you when I'm on my way with my exact ETA.
- Bump up the thermostat 2-3 degrees to help baby stay sleepy/calm.
- Declutter if possible. I can also move things around as needed.
- Open all blinds and turn off all artificial lights
- No socks is best for in-home shoots (that means you, dad)
Earthy neutral colors (pictured right) are recommended for your session, as they will place the focus on you and your baby, and coordinate best with my editing style.
COLORS TO AVOID: Primary Colors, Neons, Black & Navy
This will help us avoid strange color casts & very bright colors or very deep shadows that will pull the eye away from the focus of the photo
NEED MORE GUIDANCE? TRY THIS :
1) Choose one or two neutrals:
Ex: Khaki, cream, tan, taupe, charcoal, coffee brown, light brown, camel, nude
2) Choose one or two earthy neutrals:
Ex: Dusty blue, light olive, sage, warm pink, camel, clay, rust, curry
Put them side by side to see if they feel cohesive.
Example Color Schemes
- Maxi or midi dress
- Maxi skirt & sweater or t
- Oversized sweater, t-shirt, or blouse with leggings or jeans
- Jumpsuit or romper
- Henley with jeans or neutral pants
- Sweater with jeans or neutral pants
- Solid T with neutral pants
*avoid formal button up shirts*
- Matching lounge set
- Oversized knit sweaters
- Knotted Gowns
- An outfit you love
Below are dresses, jumpsuits (for a more casual look), and swaddles you are welcome to borrow for your newborn session. They are all bump friendly & postpartum friendly. Many are one-size-fits-most, in a flowy style that fits a variety of sizes and body types. I also bring swaddles for your newborn to every session- you can find the colors below. There are also a few sibling options - inquire for sizes.
Note: You do NOT have to wear a dress or jumpsuit for your session. I simply have postpartum friendly dresses and jumpsuits in my client closet as an option for those who would prefer not to purchase an item to wear.